Ready for the Super Bowl!
I was so happy when I realized most typical salsa ingredients were okay for the Gerson diet. This salsa is so fresh and can be used by itself or as a topping for many foods. I have been adding it to greens as a “salad dressing,” with cold chopped potatoes. I have also been thinking of dehydrating some kale to make kale chips, and trying this salsa out with chips. Store in a mason jar, and use freely for topping.
Very easy to make, just mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 4-5 medium-size tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper (we used red), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, to taste
- 1/2 red or sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes or lemons (limes preferred)
- flax oil, to taste (optional)